Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The "Dress Form vs Me" Top


Last spring sometime I decided I wanted a nice brown top short-sleeved or sleeveless top to wear with my skirts in summer. I had a brown t-shirt or two, but I wanted something a little nicer so that I could dress up the look a little more.





After some looking around I decided I couldn't do better than this view from Vogue Pattern V1387. It looked easy to wear and as though it would be flattering on me.





And here's the finished top. I found a beautiful quality dark brown silk for it. I had to add four inches to the bodice length and then cut the bottom parts down in height -- this is an alteration I have to make in every top or dress with a defined waistline so as to have the waistline at my actual waist rather than hoicked up under my chest. The top doesn't consequently show to advantage on the dress form as it doesn't have the bosom I do, the bodice looks too long and baggy, and the waistline sits on the forms' hips. Oh well, the important thing is it does sit right on me. And that now I have a top that will look good with at least four of my summer skirts and a pair of brown sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment