Monday, January 28, 2019

Cauliflower's Cardigan


My grandniece Cauliflower is due to turn 10 in August of this year. She got a dress for her ninth birthday, which meant that this year she gets a sweater. When I searched Ravelry for a suitable pattern in DK, I found Pixie Dust, a cute little cardigan that I thought Cauliflower would like, since she seems to prefer plain-ish clothes. Then I bought 300 grams of Sandnes Garn Sisu Solids in turquoise to make it with, since Cauliflower's favourite colours are blue and turquoise.





Here's the finished sweater, which I knit in a size 10. In this pattern, which is knitted seamlessly from the top down, the designer has cleverly hidden the increases in the eyelets. It's a pretty well-written pattern on the whole, though I did have to make the buttonholes on the opposite side to what the pattern calls for in order to place them on the "girl's/women's side". It was also a very quick knit. I was done in just nine evenings, and even at that I lost one evening's work due to my misunderstanding the pattern. I'm pleased with the result, and it goes well with the necklace and earrings I also made for Cauliflower's birthday.

I had just 5 grams of yarn left after making this item, which as it was new yarn, is a stash increase of 5 grams.

No comments:

Post a Comment