Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Plum & Gray


I've got an entire box of sock yarn I am very much looking forward to using up. I've never quite gotten around to knitting socks these past few years, even though I'd start out each year hoping to, but finally this year I had room in my knitting schedule for two sock projects. In April, I selected nine sock patterns on Ravelry that I liked and got out my box of assorted sock yarns. It was hard to choose which pattern and which colour combination I wanted, because I liked all the patterns so much and came up with so many pleasing colour combinations. I had to keep reminding myself that I will eventually get to them all.





I eventually settled on the Drops Nordic Summer Socks design. It is pretty, isn't it? I liked that the detail is at the ankle where it'll be hidden under the trouser leg, while the foot is plain. I'm not a crazy socks person, though you won't see me knitting too many pairs of plain socks either. For yarn, I chose for the main colour of Bouquet Sock & Sweater in gray, and for the contrast colour I chose the little bobbin of King Cole Merino Blend 4-ply I had left from this hat and tam project that I made in 2016.





And here are the completed socks -- and incidentally, my legs. I was pretty pleased with this one. I like the pattern, I like the combination of the gray and plum together, and I like how well the feet are shaped. The fit's great.

I estimate that the socks took 55-60 grams of the main colour, and 20-25 grams of the contrast colour. The entire sock project used 80 grams total, and as it was all stash yarn, that's a net stash decrease of 80 grams.

1 comment: