Thursday, October 4, 2018

All Clutched Up and Nowhere to Go


Back when I was still clinging to the hope that I might be able to go to my nephew's Albertan wedding this summer, I made a dress that would be suitable to wear to it out of fabric I already had on hand. And then, once the dress was done, I felt I needed a clutch to wear with the dress.





I selected Vogue Pattern's V9164, view A for it. Isn't that tufted velvet pretty? I'm very glad to have this basic clutch pattern in my pattern library (there are two other design options). I'm sure I'll be able to use such a classic clutch patterns at least a few times more in the years to come, if not for me, than for gifts for some of the women I know. For a fabric, I bought some dark brown velvet to go with the silk print of my dress. Since my wardrobe is based on an autumn palette, a dark brown velvet clutch will come in handy for other outfits as well.





The inside of the clutch. I had lining on hand that I used for this project. I didn't bother to put the optional strap on this clutch. I've never found I used the strap on any of my evening bags -- the strap always spoils the line of my dress -- and when it's kept inside the clutch it gets in the way.





The finished clutch by itself. I didn't get to go to the wedding, only a very casual BBQ-type reception here in Ontario, so the velvet clutch is stored away in a linen bag on my closet shelf, waiting for me to come up with an occasion for it to go to. And the silk dress is all, "Tell me about it, buddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment